Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will you make me throw everything away?
No. The decision of what to keep, sell, or donate rests entirely with you. While we encourage you to think about when you last used an item, whether you’re keeping it out of obligation, and whether actually you love the item, we do not judge what you choose to keep nor do we pressure you to throw anything away.
Q: Do you honor confidentiality?
Yes. Our standard practice is to sign a Confidentiality Clause with our clients before we begin work. This clause ensures that any personal or business information is kept strictly confidential. You can rest assured that we do not talk about you or your business with anyone outside of the company.
Q: Is my place the worst you’ve ever seen?
Almost every client asks this question—with great trepidation—at some point in the process.
Please, do not worry about this. We have no interest in judging, comparing, or otherwise making you feel bad. We just want to get the job done, leaving you with the tremendous feelings of relief, freedom, and satisfaction.
Q: What is involved?
The following describes what is involved when you hire REVIVE Organize, and the quality of service and diligence you can expect.
- Step 1 – Questions: Before your first meeting, we ask questions about the changes you would like. You define your needs and your goals, and start the process of visualizing the end result.
- Step 2 – What’s Working? What’s Not? In your first meeting, we talk in detail about what’s working, what’s not working, and what you envision. We’ll explore the best approach for your project and take picture and measurements for planning purposes.
- Step 3 – Planning: We prepare a plan specifically geared for your needs. What the plan looks like—how big it is, how detailed it is—depends on the project.
- Step 4 – Making It Happen: This is where the rubber hits the road—sleeves are rolled up and the work begins.
- Step 5 – Follow Up: Once the project is complete, the consultant books a check-in appointment with you. She also books a three-month follow-up appointment to confirm that things continue to function as planned.
Q: Should I clean up before you come over?
Please do not change your routine before the initial consultation. To give you best value, we need to see the space and systems as they are, and how you live on a daily basis.
This may be difficult for you, but we’d be so much happier if you used that time to treat yourself to a latte, a trip to the gym, or a visit with some friends.
Q: Will I have homework?
It’s up to you. Some clients like to do extra work in between sessions to cut cost—others just can’t swing it. No problem!
After each session, you’ll receive some homework suggestions, but they are just suggestions. Whether you do it or not is up to you.
Q: How long will it take?
As our clients have come to realize, you can do a lot in a session. Most sessions are about 4 hours long because from experience we’ve learned that it’s the optimum amount of time to get enough accomplished and not overtax you.
While each project is different, the following times are estimates. Factors that influence timing on a project include the amount of work, your willingness to part with items, and your willingness to do homework.
- Storage closet: 4-8 hours
- Bedroom: 8-12 hours
- Kitchen: 10-14 hours
- Home office (incl. filing system): 16-24 hours
Q: Can I take you to work?
REVIVE Organize is pleased to help individuals organize anything….anywhere. We have helped small business owners, retirees, seniors, new moms to be, divorcees, creative individuals, and more.
With twenty years of corporate experience in managing complex projects, we are happy to help you be more efficient at work.